DRL® night lenses are orthokeratology lenses designed and manufactured in France by the French laboratory Precilens. With a unique and patented design, these orthokeratology lenses feature a double reservoir of tears, making it singular compared to conventional orthokeratology lenses. Safe and painless, these special lenses have a high permeability material, which allows a good oxygenation of the eye during the night.
In addition, this type of lens, and more particularly the DRL® design, allows a better centering, smoother movements of the lens on the eye, as well as increased comfort and speed of treatment that cannot be compared to conventional orthokeratology lenses.
To date, DRL® night lenses are recognized as the 1st brand of orthokeratology lenses in France. Indeed, this range of contact lenses is the largest known and approved range to treat the weak, but also the strong visual corrections (up to -7.00 D for myopia).
« We are innovating so that Precilens does its utmost to expand its product line, and so that all children around the world can have the opportunity to prevent and control their myopia.»
Dr Jaume Pauné, inventor of the DRL lens®.
⚠ CAUTION: Ortho-K lenses are not to be confused with daytime lenses (daily lenses, monthly lenses, quarterly lenses, etc.); the latter are only designed to be worn during the day and removed at night before sleeping. Wearing daytime lenses during sleep can lead to serious complications, such as a risk of eye infection, inflammation of the cornea, or ulcers.
Fitting : from the 1st appointment to the wearing of DRL® night lenses
- During your appointment with the ophthalmologist, the latter will make a topography, that is, he or she will take measurements of your cornea using a topographer and then write them on your prescription.
- You will then have to go to the optician of your choice to order your ortho-K lenses from the Precilens’ distributor.
- Once the lenses have been delivered to your optician, you will need to make an appointment with an DRL® Expert prescriber (ophthalmology office or optician working on medical delegation) on D-1 of your first night of wearing. You will get the instructions needed for wearing and care of the night lenses.
- A consultation will take place on D+1 of the first night of wearing, the next day, to measure the effectiveness of orthokeratology lenses on your cornea.
- A check appointment will then be required at D+7 of the first night of wearing, to ensure that you tolerate the lenses and that they produce suitable effects on your sight.
- A final consultation will take place at D+15 to validate the fitting or to renew it if the results are not conclusive.
- Guarantee: 3 months
- Emergency Loss or Breakage: Priority manufacturing is initiated for any broken or lost DRL® night lens upon request from the prescriber or adapter, specifying the traceability number of the lens.